7.16.2013

just that good.

from reminiscing in the location where it all started,
to driving the all too familiar route.

from sitting in that kitchen next to him amidst his family,
to the elongated goodbye on that driveway.

wow.

that really was the last time.
the last time we'll laugh together,
the last time we'll hold each other close.

i didn't know it'd hurt this bad.
it is hurt with a smile yes, but it's still pain.

today was perfect.
just how I would've hand picked our goodbye,
but it still feels like my insides are decaying.

i guess it's a good thing that my soul is grieving,
it means it was just that good, right?

"a journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for you sweet comment on my blog. And it goes by fast, it really does. I mean, not that I was in love with any missionaries, but the last two years flew by and now they're coming home.

    ReplyDelete